Friday, April 18, 2008

Catching up

Before I left, we had set dates for cemetery exhibit related programming. And this week, there were 2 events -- a Tea with the Curator and a Soup at Six. I had to replace 2 posters in the lobby, plus create all the new flyers for upcoming programs and events.

SO there were lots of posters and flyers to make! This morning I worked on:
  • Cemetery Walks
  • Nooks & Crannies Tours of the Monument
  • Tea with the Curator: "Unlocking the Secrets of the Cemetery"
  • Tea with the Curator: "Funerals of the Rich & Famous"
  • Children's Tea: "White House Pets"
  • Cemetery programs (all programs included on one sheet)
I'm feel a little sad today because Footloose & Fancy Free is closing on Sunday.

I loved that exhibit and we got such a wonderful response to it! It seems like I was just putting it up.

The cemetery exhibits arrived in 8 crates while I was gone, but I haven't had a chance to open them yet. Since we don't have any space to spread things out until the Keller Gallery is empty, I figured I shouldn't bother.

The one good thing is that I don't have to paint! The exhibits come with their own freestanding walls. We will have to line up our walls against the back wall, with a secret little space in between, because I don't need any cases at all. So we have to create a place to stash them all.

Here is the flyer for all the cemetery programs between May and October. I won't post the rest of them. Details, as always, are on our website!!

No comments: