Thursday, January 31, 2008

What a success!

What a great night!!


THANK YOU to all of the people who attended and made our very first Soup at Six program a success! On the Move: Stark County's Early Automobile Industry went great!


Chris did an excellent job on his program, which he has added to since the last time he did it. I think the audience learned a great deal of information they probably didn't know about Stark County's automobiles.


The sausage tortellini soup was excellent! Randy Smith made it from scratch, and everyone loved it!! I learned that his secret ingredient is steeping black tea bags in it. It gave it a very rich taste, and I was surprised it was from tea!


Randy will be making chicken tortilla soup for the next Soup at Six, which I will be doing on Canton's Pioneers in Flight. Then for our Soup at Six on homebrewing, he is making beer cheese soup. For Hallie's Soup at Six on the Scopes Monkey Trial he is making an Italian pasta soup. Thank you Randy for volunteering your time and talents for this special series.


It is nights like this when I love my job the most. Everything went smoothly, and I was so proud to be a part of this great staff. We all love what we do -- and I think it shows.


Here are some pictures from tonight:




Chris looks a lot different when he isn't baking bread over the fire!


The crowded room


Randy dishes out his wonderful soup!

No comments: