Thursday, January 3, 2008

Bridal show prep begins



Believe it or not, work has already begun on the Bridal Show, which will be April 5. This year I am going to be the MC, so I am very excited about that!!

I will begin by calling all of the people who have already contacted me about loaning a dress for this year's show. We actually had close to enough dresses for the 2008 show BEFORE the 2007 show even happened!! This morning I will start making calls and confirm who is still interested, as well as to set up an appointment to bring in their dresses and be interviewed about their stories.

In a related issue, since last year's show I have been using one of the portable dress racks for new textile donations. We received a beautiful collection of late 20th century party dresses and woman's suits that have been cataloged and tagged. BUT there is no place to put them! So we are looking into purchasing new racks and expanding textile storage.

Even though McKinley Day is technically our next special event, it pretty much plans itself. I am still waiting to hear from some of the people I sent letters to before the holidays. I believe I have all or most of the names for the wreath laying ceremony. I am still unsure which dignitaries are planning to attend.

And so the 2008 work begins!!

UPDATE: I have completed my list of calls. I had to leave lots of messages! I have 21 dresses either confirmed or here already, and 2 disconnected phone numbers. If everything comes through, we will have more than enough dresses. I always plan for a few not to work out. Happens every year.

So we are well on our way to getting this thing going!!

No comments: