Monday, January 14, 2008

Tea with the Curator - Little Chicago





I had a great time today!! With a sold out crowd for our first Tea with the Curator in our new 1920s series, I couldn't be happier!

I thought it went great. I talked a little bit longer than I had intended, but I think people were OK with that. I sometimes get carried away when I am really excited about something!

First, I gave an overview of the era, focusing on both national trends and local events. Then we talked about Prohibition and the murder of Don Mellett in Canton in 1926. I ended with the 21st amendment (which repealed Prohibition). This is a "new & improved" version of the old "Little Chicago" program from my Canton: A Journey Through Time Lecture Series.

Chris took a short video from the beginning of my program. A few more photos follow.











Thank you so much to all who attended!! We hope the rest of the Tea with the Curator series sells out! AND our new Soup at Six series too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU DID A WONDERFUL JOB,KIM !
I heard one great comment after the other on the whole morning..I think you all have hit on a good thing. Judy