Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Invitations, books, and gowns -- oh my!

Busy week so far!!

I have made appointments all week for people to bring in their gowns. I love seeing all the different styles every year, and this year I am interviewing everyone as well to write the script for the show. People have wonderful stories to share, and beautiful dresses! So far, the 1920s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, and 1990s are represented here in the building. In the end, we will have at least one from each decade.

Today I also worked up a draft for the bridal show invitation. Since we are going with a "beach theme," I wanted to use the ocean, and also incorporate our colors of hot pink, teal, and lime green. I like what I did, but I always have to sleep on it and revisit in later to see if I truly like what I've done.

McKinley Day luncheon invitations were mailed out today (thank you to board member Don Deitemyer for hosting again this year!), which is my last batch of McKinley Day related mailing. I heard from AnnMarie Daneker, our contact with the Army, so the General is in place. Thankfully they are coming in on Friday and leaving on Sunday this year, so we won't be rushing the General around like we usually have to do! It will be a more leisurely time for all involved.

Gary Brown was in today to talk to me about my new book. It is such a thrill to be able to document Canton's history! While talking about the book, I got excited about aviation all over again. Scott Heckel was taking pictures, and I didn't expect to be his subject. I hope if they choose to use a picture of me, it will at least be a good one!

No comments: