Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Paperwork is complete

I hesitate to even say that, because almost every time I get caught up on Deeds of Gift, someone walks in with a new donation!

It is important to have the Deeds signed in the same year as the donation was made, for tax purposes for the donor. If they are going to write off their donation, it has to be made in the same year they are claiming it in, and as long as they bring it in 2007, I have to produce paperwork in 2007.

So far this year we have had 91 individuals donate items to the permanent collection. Since the volunteers and I always have a backlog, it will be a few months before I can definitively say how many artifacts we cataloged in 2007. To date we have cataloged 376 artifacts. That number will probably increase by at least 200 once we have processed everything donated this year. The fist few months of every year are always spent catching up on the year before!

I also sent out McKinley Day letters to everyone involved yesterday, so I am slowly but surely checking things off my list!

No comments: