Monday, December 10, 2007

Making posters today


Herbert Pease Croxton in a Jewell automobile in 1906. The photograph was taken looking east on Walnut Street in Massillon.

Today I discovered that I still had posters up in the lobby for the Open Hearth Dinner and Cocoa & Carols Christmas Tea! Since I have a chart to plan out what events need posters when, I just had to look at my list to see what I needed to make this afternoon.

So I just finished making posters for two programs coming up in the beginning of next year:
  • Soup at Six
  • Open Hearth Pancake Breakfast
Chris is doing our first "Soup at Six" program on Thursday January 31. His program will be "On the Move: The Early Auto Industry in Stark County." The new Soup at Six series will feature exhibit-based programming. We have 3 more planned for the winter/spring months. The cost is $10 per person and includes open hearth baked bread, a signature soup, and a program.

We will be holding our annual Open Hearth Pancake Breakfast on Saturday February 23 with seatings at 9:00 and 10:30. There is a limit of 16 people per seating, so sign up soon if you want to come! The cost is $8 per person -- less than you would pay to go out for breakfast, and you get to eat in the cabin!

I developed a cool logo for our Soup at Six series a few months ago, and I am excited to get to use it for the first time on the poster! I chose a lime green color, which I hope conveys the energy we have all put into this new series, and how excited we are to launch it.

No comments: