Friday, March 7, 2008

History Day is almost here!

Well, tomorrow is History Day!

As I said earlier, Chris and I have been involved for 10 years this year. It is a great program!

Judges training went well last night. We very much appreciate people giving up their time to participate in this event. It is very rewarding to be able to encourage kids to feed that love of history they feel while working on their History Day projects!

The weather doesn't look like it is going to cooperate, but as they say, "the show must go on." Chris checked with the state, who said we have to go ahead with the competition with as many students and judges who come out in the snow. The timeline is pretty tight between regional, state, and national competitions, so we can't let a little weather keep us down!

I will post after the competition -- when my brain feels up to it! It is always a draining experience for me to be a History Day judge because I take it so seriously. I want the kids to have the best feedback I can give them, and that takes a whole lot of effort on my part!

No comments: