Thursday, March 20, 2008

Here comes the bride....

These are the wedding gowns on display in the lobby to help promote the bridal show!





This is where the penny box has been for over a year. It looks so different to have something else there!

We still have some tickets left for the bridal show. The deadline for reservations is MARCH 28. So if you haven't called yet, you might want to do so ASAP!

Today I worked on this wedding dress display, as well as several graphic design projects.

I made a flyer, poster, and postcard for the traveling exhibitions Stories in Stone and Going Out in Style which will open in the Keller Gallery on MAY 2.

I also made a new poster for Tea with the Curator for The Great Gatsby on April 14.

Beginning on Monday, I will be steaming the wedding dresses in preparation for the show. I have some people to help me this year, and for that, believe me, I am grateful! Steaming 45 dresses is quite a daunting process! Erin, my intern, steamed the ones in the display for me, and she got a jump start on some of the steaming for next week.

I have been working on the script all week. I am done with almost all of the stories. I spent the past few days studying the dresses to write the "fashion" end of it. I am planning to focus much more on the stories, but I did want to point out a few details about the dresses.

Happy Easter to everyone -- don't eat too much chocolate! (can you eat too much chocolate??) Chris and I have a relaxing weekend planned. We are going to brunch at Fieldcrest on Sunday, but other than that, we are just planning to rest and relax. Chris has had a cold all week, and I have been popping zinc in hopes of avoiding his sickness. We got packages of candy from my grandmother, his parents, and my mom -- so we will probably spend the next three days eating too much chocolate!!

No comments: