Sunday, March 2, 2008

Book signing at Border's!!


The woman I am talking to is a relative of William H. Martin!

My book signing at Border's on Saturday went very well! I signed 10 copies of Canton's Pioneers in Flight and 2 copies of Canton's West Lawn Cemetery! They had all three of my books available for people to have signed. That was pretty cool!


The poster on the door -- with all three books!

One woman bought FIVE COPIES before I got there and was waiting for me when I got there just before 2:00. She asked me if I had a limit of how many books I would sign for one person! That was flattering!! She was buying them as gifts.

Then Bob Dexter from McKinley Air came in. Of course, I hadn't seen him before so I didn't know who he was. He asked me to sign his book "To Bob -- aka The Phantom." I said, "Really?" And he said, "Yes."

Then he said, "I am honored that you included me in your book." I looked up at him, a little puzzled. Then he said, "I'm Bob Dexter from McKinley Air." Then I knew exactly who he was!

Next a woman came in and started asking me how I got interested in aviation. She wanted to know if I was related to anyone in the book. (I'm not) Then she told me she was related to William H. Martin, inventor of the world's first monoplane! (See previous post for more on that)

So that was pretty cool!

I want to thank Larry from Border's for all of his help yesterday. He was a lot of fun to talk to, and I appreciated the special treatment I received as an "author." :-)

No comments: