Friday, February 15, 2008

President's Day article & AV glitches

About a month ago, a reporter from the Akron-Beacon Journal came to interview me for an article he said would run on President's Day. We met for a long time and took lots of pictures, so I am anxious to see what the article says!

Be sure to look for it on Monday morning!

I sure am glad this week is over. It has been a long one, and lots of little things have been going just a little bit wrong. Not catastrophic wrong, just annoying wrong.

Like today for example. I went to the First Christian Church to do the "Meyers Lake Revisited" program for the Keenagers. Everything was all set to go, and my remote wouldn't work! It wasn't dead, because the laser pointer was just fine. But it wouldn't move the slides at all. So I had to regroup right next to the projector, so I could manually hit the down arrow key on the laptop. It didn't throw me completely off, but it was a bit awkward perched on the edge of the table like that. And I think I got my shadow onto the screen more than once!

So I brought it back here, Chris set everything up, and it worked EXACTLY FINE. No idea what happened to it.

But on a more positive note, the food was FANTASTIC! Very, very good. We had pot roast and mashed potatoes, with my favorite -- brown gravy! Cherry pie for dessert. Yum!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend, and that next week things get back to normal around here!!

No comments: