Monday, February 25, 2008

Charles Lindbergh

Gary Brown wrote another great story about a scroll that Charles Lindbergh dropped while flying over Canton in the 1920s.

Click here to read all about it!

The artifacts will be on display for one day only on Thursday night at my Soup at Six talk and book signing of Canton's Pioneers in Flight.

I work with artifacts every day, so it takes a bit more to thrill me than it used to. But when I saw this one, I was awestruck! It was great to feel that way, and remind myself that all of the artifacts under my care are unique and special. Artifacts connect us to the past in a way that no other medium can do -- not a book, a movie, or a website. I get to work with the "real thing," and that is just one of the many reasons that I love what I do!

No comments: