Monday, June 9, 2008

Tea with the Curator -- Unlocking the Secrets of the Cemetery



I just love the Tea with the Curator series! I have a great time doing them, and I think people enjoy themselves. Today was no different!

Today I did my program "Unlocking the Secrets of the Cemetery," followed by a tour of the Keller Gallery exhibit Going Out in Style (people viewed Stories in Stone on their own, since the program I gave was about cemetery symbolism).

Here are some highlights:










AND SOME VIDEO CLIPS!!!



I started off talking about the origins of the rural cemetery movement.


Before launching into the symbolism, I always plug Stories in Stone as "the Bible" of cemetery symbolism! We are sold out in the Museum Shoppe right now, but more copies are on the way! You can leave your name and number with Cindy and she will let you know when the shipment is in.


Here are a few of the animal figures you might see in a cemetery.

Thank you to everyone who came today!

No comments: