Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hat pin nightmares

As you may already be aware, my volunteers and I are taking photos of the ENTIRE collection -- soup to nuts (or should I say, campaign buttons to wedding dresses? toys to furniture? china to...well...you get the point!!). I did the math yesterday and we are 45% done. Woo hoo!

Anyway, today I have a big challenge in front of me. Figuring out the hat pin collection!!!!

Many of them are not numbered, and some records are so generic it is laughable -- such as "10 assorted hat pins."

Um, OK. That's VERY helpful!

So today I am going to compare the well cataloged hat pins to the ones in storage, to try to figure out the rest through the process of elimination. I worked on it some last week and was able to figure out exactly ONE. It was an easy one too -- the only painted porcelain head with initials on it!

The rest aren't going to be so kind to me.

So, for the remainder of this week, I just might be having hat pin nightmares during the day, and perhaps even at night while I sleep!!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hi Kim,
I just caught up on your blog. Very interesting and infomative. Just think I could walk up the stairs and be a part of the action. I will have to come see the hat pins.
Cindy