Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cleaning...

Yesterday I met with Rick Senften and Kevin O'Brien, who are starting an oral history project called Stories of a Life.

I've offered them the use of one of our storage areas, formerly known as the Textile Workroom, to record their stories.

But there was one problem.

All the stuff that was in there!

That is my secret hiding place for large donations that are waiting to be cataloged, bridal show dresses donated early for the next show, and several other miscellaneous items. But in order for that room to be useful, it was high time to clean it out.

Which means lots of extra work for me!

I started cataloging some of the donations that had been on hold. There is a lot left to go. I also found lots of things to toss -- like a bag of batting, for example. No need to give pests a nice comfy place to reproduce! If I need batting, I will buy some new.

There were also lots of books that I sent over to the research library.

So, I pretty much know what I'll be doing for the rest of the week...

No comments: