Monday, June 23, 2008

Short story "Stealing Memories"

My short story "Stealing Memories," about my grandmother's death from Alzheimer's, was published in the Summer Solstice issue of the literary magazine Mused, which came out over the weekend.

Click here to read it.

I will warn you, it is pretty sad, but it was a catharsis for me at the time I wrote it, which was about 3 years ago now. I decided not to change anything when I submitted it a few months ago, because it was a slice of life for me at that time. Since then, my grandfather has also passed away.

I have a few more short stories already written that I will be submitting for future issues of Mused. If they make the cut, I'll let you know when they come out!

I am having a lot of fun focusing on a different kind of writing right now. I write history all the time, and I still love that! But it is fun experimenting with different styles, and seeing them get published is quite a thrill!

No comments: