Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Coming soon to the Street of Shops! A Doll Shop!

Since the doll exhibit was so popular, we are planning to change the Hat Shop in the Street of Shops into a Doll Shop!

We have a few modifications to make first. There are a lot of things on the to-do list right now, so I don't have an exact date for when this will happen. Check back for more information!

My new intern Amanda and I put all the dolls away yesterday. It took us all day! But that is a big job done. It was her very first day, so she got right into doing museum work! I felt bad to give her a job that was so huge on her first day, but she was a great help and I was glad to have someone to work with while putting artifacts away (which you all know I HATE doing!!).

Preparations have begun for The Masons in Ohio. They will be coming next week to install, so we have all week to paint and move cases around. It is nice to be able to take my time getting the gallery turned around. I have some other pressing things on my list that I will be able to get done this week too, since I'm not in a rush.

I'm sure next week will be a different story! :-)

No comments: