Thursday, September 25, 2008

New dress in Street of Shops!


A new guest waits in the Hotel Lobby!

This morning Bonnie Stich came in and donated a mannequin that was used in Stern & Mann's before it closed. She wanted it to come to a good home where it could be used and enjoyed by lots of people.

Within an hour, I dressed her and moved her up to her new home in the Hotel Lobby of the Street of Shops!

She is wearing a Worth of Paris dress from 1896, and she is waiting to check in at the front desk of the hotel! The parasol was already in the room setting, and it hung securely in her hand. I moved the suitcase in front of her, as if she had just arrived and was waiting to be shown to her room.

Thank you so much Bonnie! What a wonderful addition to the Street.


Just after I dressed her in my workspace.


Close-up in my workspace.


Close-up in the Hotel Lobby.


An overall view of the Hotel Lobby.

No comments: