Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm back!

I've been on vacation since August 22! I returned to 40 emails and 7 voicemails, which was pretty good, I think!

I feel like a kid going back to school, since we were gone for so long! But I am ready to get back into the swing of things, and start planning exhibits, programs, and events!

While I was gone, the idea for a gala opening for the new Stark County exhibit in September 2009 came up! Very exciting! So mark your calendars for September 25. More details as they happen.

I am working with Split Rock to finalize design and content plans. Even though the exhibit opens in one year, the timeline is tight. Not only do we need to finalize photo and artifact choices, we have to finish editing text panels, etc. And all of that has to be completed BEFORE they begin constructing the actual components of the exhibit in their studio, which takes several months to complete.

So, you can see that lots of prep work has to be done in advance of the gala celebration!

All of their plans look fabulous, and the entire staff is excited about this project! I'm sure the community will just love it.

So, back to answering messages and emails now!

It's good to be back...

1 comment:

cindy said...

I'm glad you are back, Kim! I've missed your enthusiasm and reading about what is going on. You would think I worked in another building.
Cindy