Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New programs!

We just had our marketing meeting and came up with some new programming ideas for the fall!

As you know, A Doll's World opens in the Keller Gallery on Friday October 24. I am going to do the following programs related to that:
  • Tea with the Curator: "Mother's Little Helper: Shaping Gender Roles Through Toys" on Monday November 17 at 10:00 AM
  • Tea with the Curator: "Bring Your Doll to Tea!" on Tuesday December 30 at 10:00 AM
For that second one, we would like to invite children 5 and older to bring their dolls to tea! Cindy and I will do a program on "tea etiquette" and play a game with them. Then I'll take them on a tour of A Doll's World and point out some of my favorite dolls!

We've scheduled that Tea during the week between Christmas and New Year's, when the kids are home from school.

The only other thing I'm currently planning is a Tea with the Curator in March for Women's History Month where I will give my program "Women's Suffrage: A Celebration of Persistence!"

We're throwing around a few other ideas too, so stay tuned!!

No comments: