Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Funeral memorabilia



WOW.

John Herzig has one heck of a collection!

Chris and I went down to Dover to the Toland-Herzig Funeral Home to meet with John and take some photos of his collection for my program on Funerals of the Rich & Famous and Chris's program Presidential Funerals.

It was so overwhelming!

He's got some great stuff. I took lots of pictures and am excited to add them to my program. (with a plug for his collection, of course!)

By the way, his funeral home was really beautiful. There was a gorgeous pond outside with music playing from outdoor speakers disguised as rocks. I've never seen anything like that and I thought it was really neat!

I think his hobby is really unique and something I know a lot of people don't "get" -- just like they don't "get" my fascination with cemeteries!

Here are some photos of the pond:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen his collection and it is unbelieveable. He has lots more that he hasn't displayed.

Kim Kenney said...

I sent John a list ahead of time of who is in my program, so he got some additional things out for me that aren't on display. I hope I have a chance to go through more of it sometime! It really is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Interesting post. I find the whole funeral thing quite fascinating.
SL