Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tea with the Curator -- Mother's Little Helper



Yesterday we had another great Tea with the Curator!

Special thanks to Stephanie and all of her volunteers for another great event. And to Chris for taking pictures so I'd have something to share with you today!

Here are some highlights from "Mother's Little Helper":


The tables set, before guests arrive. (Note the background on the stage -- I blew that up on my plotter from a Christmas card!!)


Volunteers poured coffee for the non-tea drinkers.


Volunteers at the tea table.


Guests enjoying their tea.


Choosing tea is not easy! I am on the left, talking to Stephanie's mom. I chose Honey Vanilla Chamomile -- yum!

Here are some video clips from the program. I had a great audience -- they were ready to laugh at some of the vintage ads and commercials they saw! I reminded everyone that what seems so "normal" to us now, will seem just as silly and antiquated in a few decades!


Here I talk about cooking toys -- you won't believe what kids played with in the 1880s!


This Barbie promotion from 1972 sure got the audience's attention!

Our next Tea with the Curator will be "Bring Your Doll to Tea" on Tuesday December 30. We have a Train Workshop scheduled for the same time, so all members of the family can have something to do in the week between Christmas and New Year's! Pre-paid reservations can be made by calling 330-455-7043. Cost is $10 per person.

No comments: