Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Guest book comments about dolls


A Madame Alexander doll from "The Sound of Music"

I just wanted to share two neat stories that were left in the guest book in the Keller Gallery exhibition A Doll's World.

"I got 'Nancy' when I was 3 (1943). I was taking her for a ride on my tricycle a year or so later and she fell off and skinned her nose. I still have her -- dressed in clothes my baby sister outgrew."

"When I was little I had a denim rag doll named 'Levi.' Levi went everywhere with me, even college!"

These are the types of comments that curators long to see in their guest books! It means that the exhibit resonated with these individuals, bringing up fond memories from the past.

I was just thrilled to see people leaving comments like this and wanted to share them here.

No comments: