Monday, February 16, 2015

Sneak peek of the dresses...

Last week we started to dress the mannequins with pieces from the Sheila Markley Black Collection.  What fun!  It's days like that when I can't believe I get paid to do what I do.

We started with the evening gowns, since those are the most form fitting and need to have a perfect fit.  Next we did the Little Black Dresses.  We got a few cocktail dresses done before we ran out of time.  I am resisting the urge to keep going, but I know my volunteer Kathy would be disappointed if I didn't wait for her to help!

We will do the suits last, since there is more room to "fudge" the fit of them than there is for some of the dresses.  Next on the list is to find some slips to go under some of those transparent 1920s dresses!

Here are a few photos of what the dresses look like in storage right now, waiting for their turn in the spotlight:









Thank you to our sponsor!




No comments: