|Ladies Home Journal, 1904|
Now that Peanuts...Naturally is open in the Keller Gallery, it's time to begin working on the next exhibition -- Mentioning the Unmentionables!
- Corsets (19th and early 20th century)
- Hoop (1860s)
- Bustle hoop (1870s – 1880s)
- “Sleeve bustle” (1890s) FOUND! We are borrowing one from the Winterthur Museum in Delaware.
- Bloomers (19th century)
- Maidenform “bullet bra” (1940s-1950s)
- Wonderbra (1960s or 1990s)
- Girdle (mid-20th century)
- Nightgowns/dressing robes/lingerie from any era
- Trousseau items
- Modern shapewear (such as Spanx)
- Bathing suits (any era, especially early bikinis from the mid-20th century)
- ADVERTISEMENTS from vintage women’s magazines featuring underwear from any era