Friday, March 21, 2014

Down for the count

I have spent the past two days lying in my bed with my cats trying to fight a nasty cold.  I'm back in the office today, and I haven't blogged in awhile.  So here's a list of some of the things that I'm working on:

  • The Bridal Show script is almost finished.  I got the last bits of information I needed today, so by the end of the day on Monday, that project will be DONE.  There are only 11 tickets left, so we're sure to sell it out again this year!!
  • I'm also finishing the program and stage design for the Bridal Show.  I'm waiting for a few final lists of donors, volunteers, dressers, etc. so I can finish the program. There wasn't any good paper to fit our travel theme, so I've made the cover myself and will have to print it in-house.  That is best done when I can leave my office for awhile and just let my printer run!
  • I'm working on brand new PowerPoint programs for our Preservation Workshops coming up in April.  I'm doing textiles and furniture, and our Archivist Mark Holland is doing paper and photographs.  I've been wanting to offer this type of program for a long time.  I have an idea for an exhibit in the future about why people collect that will also address these types of themes.
  • I packed up the second pair of Ida McKinley slippers that are going to the Hoover Presidential Library & Museum for their exhibition on First Ladies.  They will depart next week.
  • I received a small wall mounted case that I ordered for the Gold Medal Pulitzer Prize we recently received that was awarded to the Canton Daily News after Don Mellet was shot.  It will be displayed in the Ramsayer Research Library.  Look for more details soon, once I have that "mini exhibit" finished!
I was fortunate to get sick for two days where my calendar was relatively open.  That doesn't often align quite so nicely.  Thank you to everyone who held down the fort while I was asleep on NyQuil!

No comments: