Monday, December 2, 2013

Publicity for Canton Entertainment!

UPDATE: Thank you to everyone who has come in today to buy the book after seeing the fantastic article in the Rep!  I've been signing books all day for people who are coming in and buying 2 at a time to give as gifts!



Canton Entertainment has been getting some great publicity!

Click here for an article in The Repository by Gary Brown. 

Click here for an article in the Massillon Independent by David Harpster.

Writing this book has truly been a joy.  I've seen so many people's faces light up when they see pictures of their "old haunts" that take them back to another time.  I knew this book would resonate the moment the idea crystalized in my mind. This is why I do what I do, and I'm grateful for the opportunity I've been given to make history relevant to people's lives. 

So many of the wonderful department stores and theaters and amusement parks in the book are gone now.  All that we have left are memories...and wonderful images from the past.

But Canton's cultural organizations stand out as pillars in our community.  The Canton Museum of Art, the Canton Symphony Orchestra, the Player's Guild, the McKinley Presidential Library & Museum and so many others continue to do great things for Canton residents and beyond.  We compete for that precious leisure time dollar, which is harder and harder to get these days.  In the changing face of the tourism industry, we're all working hard to bring great exhibits, programs, concerts, plays, and performances to the masses.  And in 100 years from now, we'll be celebrating the legacy of the rebirth of downtown through the creation of the Canton Arts District too.

This is an exciting time to be living in Canton!

PS -- I'm doing a Book Signing this Friday at the Museum's Holiday Open House from 6:30 to 7:30 PM.  I'd be happy to personalize a book for you or to give as a gift. 

No comments: