Thursday, July 5, 2012

Living in a miniature world today!

Today I am sorting the dollhouse exhibit applications to figure out what we have room for in our cases.

There are some great houses!  The decisions I have to make today will be difficult, because it's all about size.  The bigger houses are spectacular to look at, but we have to be able to properly protect them when we share them with the public.

I have my own dollhouse, which is unfinished and living in the workroom of our basement right now.  I had intended to get it ready for the 2012 dollhouse show, but I've been preoccupied this year with my "full sized" house!  We bought our first home one year ago this week, actually, and while it wasn't a fixer-upper by any means, we've had lots of projects to do in the past 12 months.  Talk about a learning curve!  Wow.

So the long and short of it is, my dollhouse isn't ready yet.  I will do another dollhouse show in a few years, so I will reset my goal for that.  In the meantime, I can live vicariously through the amazing miniaturists who will be sharing their work with all of you in October!

No comments: