Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I love Thanksgiving.


It's a time to sit back and think about everything I am thankful for. And believe me, I have a whole list of things I am grateful for. To name just one, I am lucky enough to have a fulfilling career and a job that I love.


This year has been a tough one for so many people. I hope that in the days and months ahead, things get better for our community and for our country.

In spite of the economy, the Museum has enjoyed higher attendance rates for most months this year. We have been working hard to bring you new exhibits and programs. And we are seeing the fruits of our labor pay off in sold out progams and events.

So I guess one of the things I am most thankful for is the community of Canton, Ohio, and your unending enthusiasm for the Museum. You are not only signing up for things, you are out there talking to your friends about what we do, and it means so much to all of us that you care so much about the Museum.

I believe that no matter what is going on in your life, everyone has something to be thankful for. And if you stop to think about what that might be, whatever you're going through might not seem so bad.

If you know anything about history, you know everything happens in cycles. Flu epidemics come and go. The economy crashes and recovers. Wars start. Wars end. History is a wonderful teacher. It shows us how we can emerge on the other side smarter, stronger and better for the lessons we have learned.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving. Eat as much turkey as you can, and be thankful for the meal on your table. There are so many people suffering, right in our own community. Think of ways you can make a difference this holiday season. As always, the Museum is requesting that guests bring a non-perishable food donation for local food banks to our Holiday Open House on Friday December 4. Every little bit helps!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

That is a great entry. We do have a lot to be thankful for.