Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New computer!

Last year's Capital & Replacement campaign included a new computer for the Curator. So this week I got to buy one!

My old computer will become the new Accessions Office computer for my volunteers to use. Even though I had outgrown my old computer, it is a step up for the Accessions Office! The old Accessions Office computer will be reallocated down the line to someone else who needs it.

So far the installation of all my software is going well. After lunch we will attempt to get PastPerfect up and running. I expect it won't be too hard to get it installed on the new computer. The challenge will be turning my old computer into the work station, rather than the "server."

The tech support at Pastime Software is top notch, so I'm sure they will help us iron out any snags...

No comments: