Friday, September 4, 2009

A Day in the Life of a Curator

One of my favorite things about my job is that no two days are the same. I have a variety of things to do, which means I'm never, ever bored!

Here is a sampling of what I did yesterday:
  • wrote 7 articles for the newsletter
  • wrote a press release about winning the Nickelodeon award
  • created a list of "talking points" for volunteers about the new exhibit
  • edited some radio commercial scripts
  • made 500 $1 off coupons for our volunteers to give to their friends
  • designed 3 newspaper ads
  • spoke to a lawyer about a bequest
  • returned phone calls for dollhouse drop-off appointments
  • made a list of artifacts in the new exhibit cases for Split Rock
  • showed my new intern how the collections database works
  • supervised the installation of some additional artifacts for the new exhibit
  • created a mount for arrowheads (that I now have to replicate 100 times!)
So, as you can see, my days are quite busy! But they go by fast.

Today I have a marketing meeting first thing this morning, and for the rest of the day I will be working on object label script for Split Rock. I need to have that finished before I go home for the three day weekend!

The Museum will be open this weekend but is closed on Monday for Labor Day.

Have a safe and happy holiday!

No comments: