Here is a sampling of what I did yesterday:
- wrote 7 articles for the newsletter
- wrote a press release about winning the Nickelodeon award
- created a list of "talking points" for volunteers about the new exhibit
- edited some radio commercial scripts
- made 500 $1 off coupons for our volunteers to give to their friends
- designed 3 newspaper ads
- spoke to a lawyer about a bequest
- returned phone calls for dollhouse drop-off appointments
- made a list of artifacts in the new exhibit cases for Split Rock
- showed my new intern how the collections database works
- supervised the installation of some additional artifacts for the new exhibit
- created a mount for arrowheads (that I now have to replicate 100 times!)
Today I have a marketing meeting first thing this morning, and for the rest of the day I will be working on object label script for Split Rock. I need to have that finished before I go home for the three day weekend!
The Museum will be open this weekend but is closed on Monday for Labor Day.
Have a safe and happy holiday!