Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Whew!

When I haven't posted, you know it's because I'm too busy!

Things have been crazy around here.

First, we had a FANTASTIC President's Day! The crowds were astounding. Much bigger than last year for sure. The Twister Party end of things was a lot of fun, and the funnel cakes were popular!

I have been doing many, many chocolate programs. So much so, the chocolate doesn't even look good to me anymore. My sister said I just need some time to recover, and one day I will want to eat chocolate again. :-)

This morning I spoke to a sociology class at Mount Union -- I did my program "Mother's Little Helper: Shaping Gender Roles Through Toys." It went very well, and the students did participate, which was great.

Tonight Chris is hosting the lead social studies teachers for a workshop. I'm going to talk to them about the Cemetery Walk we have available as part of their field trip.

Last night, Chris and I were on CTC. He talked about volunteering, and I talked about upcoming exhibits.

Speaking of which, I sent a letter out yesterday to a local miniature group asking if their members would be interested in displaying a dollhouse or roombox in the Keller Gallery this fall for the "Life in Miniature" exhibit. I have also been working on publicity materials for the next Keller Gallery exhibit "The Working White House," which opens June 19.

My new intern Amanda is working on a display of Easter artifacts for the front lobby, and is organizing our shoe collection. In between all this other stuff, I'm trying to show her how to do all of these things.

I am ordering archival supplies, so that my volunteers have what they need to do their work.

Today I plan to put up some new posters about upcoming events.

So, that's what I've been up to, instead of blogging!

Oh, if you are interested, I wrote an article called Blogging About Museums for my BellaOnline website that talks about getting started as a museum blogger. (Because in my spare time, I WRITE!!!)

No comments: