Monday, April 30, 2012

Campaigns & Cartoons -- coming soon!

Now that the Bridal Show is over, I'm on to new projects!

Next on my list is the upcoming Keller Gallery exhibition Campaigns & Cartoons:  The Role of Caricature in Political Persuasion.  It is a traveling exhibition from the collection of Julian and Sue Ridlen in cooperation with the Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site.

The exhibit includes 36 original political cartoons, plus information about some major cartoonists of the time.

I am preparing a special section on McKinley's campaign cartoons, based on our collection.  I am currently selecting cartoons to include, and I am making exhibition panels about the history of his 1896 and 1900 campaigns.

The exhibit opens on June 8 with a FREE opening from 6 to 8 PM.  The postcards are already here and will be mailed soon!  If you are a museum member, look for it.

Here is one of the cartoons from the panel I'm working on about the Spanish American War:


No comments: